(one point available for each item on the list, bonus at our discretion)
1) Free hot crisp chips
2) Two or more salsa choices, one of which should be spicy HOT
3) Margarita with tequila and lime in it, no high fructose corn syrup
4) Food and plate temperature sizzling hot
5) Menu: simple, fresh, authentic, not "creative"
6) Good sauces/beans/tortillas
7) Good entrees
8) Reasonable price
9) Pleasant space, warmth, colors, lighting, smells, service, etc
10) "Sopapilla o' tortilla?”
*Bringing this system back to the fore because I'm going out for Mexican tonight*. Back when Suzanne was here we struggled to find real Mexican food, but it is here, it just takes finding. It had to be here. There are lots of Mexicans here. My current and running favorite for its cheap and delicious tacos, roasted jalapenos, pickled carrots and sauteed onions is La Sirenita on Alberta.